Thursday, March 14, 2013

Complex Sentences/Description

COMPLEX SENTENCES

  Sentence Power is designed to provide the structure and visual support for children to develop longer and more complex sentences.  The child pairs two associated words, e.g., toothbrush and toothpaste.  With the help of sentence starters and connecting words, the child expresses a complex sentence (e.g., I use a toothbrush and toothpaste to brush my teeth so I do not get cavities.).  Take a look at a few sample pages:


                                          




DESCRIPTION


This is one of my favorite products.  It was developed by a co-worker, Becky Doidge, SLP.  The child uses the grid with 10 characteristics as a tool to describe objects or pictures.  It is fun to use in I Spy/I'm thinking of games. I've expanded it into comparing and categorizing activities.  What do you think?



 


No comments:

Post a Comment